Inner Support Sleves
Custom Hydraulics manufactures Inner support
sleeves for use with hose end fittings used on
U.S. Naval and Government ships. An Inner support
sleeve is designed to provide rigid support on
hoses used with hydraulic fittings. This page
provides detailed instructions for installation of
CMC inner support sleeves.
Click To Download Inner Support Sleeves PDF
INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSTALLATION OF CMC INNER SUPPORT SLEEVE
- Cut hose to desired length and remove any rubber dust.
- Measure both hose and nipple lengths and add 5/8 inch. Subtract the resultant length from the cut hose length. This equals the total length of support sleeves required.
- After determining the total length of sleeves required it may be necessary to cut one or two sleeves to create the exact length. Follow these guidelines if cutting is required.
- Sleeves should contain no less than two (2) bronze rings.
- Cut only between the ribs in the "stenciled" area.
- Clean the rubber dust and particles from each support sleeve.
- Temperature range -40 F to +200 F
- For lengths less than "A":
- Cut only in stenciled area between ribs.
- Minimum usable length must include 2 bronze rings.
To learn more about Custom Hydraulic & Machine's Marine Hose End Fittings, call 253-854-4666, contact us or submit a request for information today.
Custom Hydraulic & Machine Qualifications
In everything that we do, Custom Hydraulic
and Machine strives to consistently meet the
highest standards our fighting men and
women demand to accomplish their difficult
missions. That’s why we're proud of our
Quality Systems capabilities that include:
- Quality systems: Mil 45208A and ISO 9001/2000 compliant
- Engineering staff for consultation on design for cost-effective manufacturability
- Navy Nuclear Tig welding
- Pro Engineer solid modeling / Autocad
- Hydrostatic testing to 10,000 PSI
- Engineering using Pro/E and CMM
Our Cage Code:
- CAGE 53159